Monday, December 2, 2019

Two Vigil Books

Just a quick little post about two vigil books I made this year.  The first is the book I made for Jamie as he was given a Laurel.  The second on was for Llewellyn as he received his Master of Defense.

First Jamie's

Cover
Headband
Endband
End pages
Spine
Back

Now Llewellyn's:

Cover

Headband

Endbands
(I made a mistake and added the bookmarks to the wrong end of the spine)

End pages
(one day I will do my leather right so that there isn't a lip around the edge...just got to purchase the right tools)

Spine

To make up for the bookmark mistake, I made a period accurate bookmark.  It is three leather strips tied to bit of cotton twine with glass beads added to the ends of the cotton. 

Both books are sewn on cords, backed and rounded, and with wooden book boards.  Both are wrapped in leather, with cotton cord and clay motifs on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment