Thursday, October 11, 2018

Fencing Oct 10, 2018

Things I am working on:

Keep my stance low.  Looking a pictures of a recent tourney, my stance is crap.  I tried to remain mindful of keeping my knees bent and my right shoulder back. 

Smaller parries.  With all my off hand parries, my movements are too big.  I need to bring my parries in so that I keep my lines closed. 

Lunges and not rushes.  I try to rush people and that leaves me open to easy attacks.  I need to just lunge and redouble and keep my stance so I keep my lines closed.

Watching for tells.  I want to be better at telling when others are moving.  Right now, I can only see the big tells and I tend to watch on area of the body.  I need to work on being able to see the whole body and watch for the tells.

No comments:

Post a Comment