Thursday, January 30, 2020

Old bones

No post last week because my brain was silly and didn't want to fence.

Birka was a problem.  I felt terrible and decided not to fence.

BUT!  I went to practice last night and it was great.

Things I am working on:

Stance
Breathing
Actually lunging instead of just tossing my arm out and hoping I am close enough

Stance:

I was really working it last night and my thighs were happy to let me know.  When I am in the stance, I feel better defended and mobile.  I still need to work on the "thoughtlessness" of the stance so that I can get into and stay without having to think about it so much.

Breathing:

Oh, man.  More breathing, more better.  Still working on it.  I think I had some small success but I really, really want to better at this.  I feel like it will make a BIG difference in my fighting and my braining.  I hate feeling so out of breath after a pass and it pushed brain buttons of being out of shape.  Which then push "I can't do this" brain buttons and things spiral out of control.  I don't want that anymore.  I can do this and if I remember to breath, I will do it better.

Actually lunging:

I practiced lunging after foot work and when I had some downtime.  I was aware of the time when I should have lunged and I didn't.  I also made active choices to lunge in passes.  And it was good.  I need to do more of that.

I am not going to make it to another practice this month, but I am considering taking Remy's Intro to Italian class at the Cambridge practice.  Even if I don't, I will get to other practices.  Need to let my ego go.  I am not good and that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment