Monday, July 10, 2023

A book dump

I was going through some pictures and realized there were four books I made that I didn't post in this blog.  I didn't do any big documentation for these or anything, but I figure adding a few pictures would be nice.

First book was a vigil book for the Baroness.  It is a book very much like her other book but this time in red.  

Sewn on double cords with a packed thread.

Front cover of the book

Back cover of the book

Endband

Silk ribbon ties on the fore edge of the book

Second book is also a vigil book for a gentle who was getting both a Laurel and a Knighthood. 

More double support cords, more packed sewing

Blind tooled front cover

Blind tooled back cover

Silk endbands

Third book was a gift for a friend getting her Master of Defense.  She has many peerages and wasn't doing a vigil and didn't really need a book.  But I decided to make a book as a gift to celebrate her special day.

Cover with blind tooling

Ready for leather

"Coptic" binding in progress

One last picture.  This book is just a little leather note book I made for an auction winner.  Instead of a tie closure, the winner wanted a pen to close the book.  So that is what they got.

Simple little long stitch notebook in black leather

No comments:

Post a Comment