Thursday, September 8, 2016

Smoking Rocks Investitue, Sept 3, 2016

This post is a bit late and I suspect it will be sparse.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, there was fencing this weekend and I fenced both in the melees and the tournament.

I received a few nice complements on my fencing, which always feels good.

Out of 12 bouts in the tournament, I won only one.  Case is super duper hard to fight when you only have one sword.   I did get a few double deaths on people and since it was two out of three for every match up, I did take a few matches to the third death.  

I worked on my off hand parry out of desperation since, again, I only had one sword and most everyone was fighting with something in their off hand.

Over all, it was a good day of fencing.  I was exhausted by the time I got home but I didn't feel too tired while fighting and only really needed a few breaks.  I have some nice bruises.



No comments:

Post a Comment